I finally got brave and/or motivated enough to make a YouTube video… Woohoo! Unfortunately, I was forced to film it with my MacBook because my camera battery died, which equals bad quality, but I was in a hurry to get it done so I could include it in this post. I promise that future videos will be MUCH better!
Anyway, this is just a quick post explaining how to spot clean your makeup brushes. I cleanse mine on a daily basis after I finish applying my makeup. That may seem like a lot of work but it’s so worth it! I also deep clean my brushes once every other week or so, which I will do another post about later on.
Spot cleaning your brushes every day will remove any leftover product so your makeup will apply flawlessly the next time you use your brush and colors won’t get mixed up or old product won’t be applied to your face. It also sanitizes your brush so you aren’t applying nasty bacteria to your face, which can grow on brushes that have products and your skin’s natural oils leftover on them. That will help prevent breakouts and keep your skin clear! Brush cleanser also helps condition the brush so it will stay soft for years to come.
To clean your brushes, you only need a few things…
- Brush Cleanser… I prefer MAC’s. It’s non-drying and removes everything easily. This Brush Cleanser costs $13 for 235ml.
- Paper Towels
- Spray Bottle (optional, but it will keep you from using so much brush cleanser). I got a small, cheap plastic one from the travel section at CVS
Cleaning your brushes is quick and simple using these easy steps:
- Lay paper towel on flat surface, preferable folded over
- Spray brush with a small amount of Brush Cleanser (or pour a little bit onto the paper towel)
- Gently swipe brush back and forth on the paper towel until all product is removed
- Swipe brush back and forth on the dry area of the paper towel to help absorb any extra brush cleanser that’s still on the brush
- Stand brush up in a cup or lay flat to dry
This is super easy to do and will keep your brushes AND your skin clean and flawless all the time!