On the tenth day of Swatchmas, I give you the Impulsive palette from Melt Cosmetics! This high quality palette contains a total of 18 eyeshadows/pressed pigments that range from matte to shimmery and even metallic. To make this even more usable, it also has a variety of bright, bold colors in addition to some staple neutrals. You can create a bazillion different looks with Impulsive, so I feel like this would make a really fun gift for anyone who loves makeup, including yourself!
The Impulsive palette sells directly from Melt’s website, or from Sephora (both in store and online), for $65 and contains a total of 20.240 g / .714 oz product. Melt Cosmetics is a cruelty-free company and most of the eyeshadows/pressed pigments in this palette ARE vegan, except for Bold and Boss Lady.
NOTE: I admit that some of these did not swatch very well on bare skin with no primer underneath them, but wearing a primer underneath these helps tremendously! You especially want to use a primer with the pressed pigment Go Getter, since it’s technically not FDA approved for use in the immediate eye area. In most cases (in my own personal experience), that means it may cause mild staining and some irritation if you’re sensitive to certain pigments, but using a primer underneath that color has prevented that (for me, anyway).
The pressed pigments/eyeshadows featured in the Impulsive palette are:
- 2012: Matte honey yellow
- Rule Breaker: Matte rusted orange
- Go Getter: Metallic vermillion with a pink shift
- Dream Big: Matte rich cinnamon
- CEO: Metallic warm bronze with a copper reflect
- Boss Lady: Matte burgundy
- Game Changer: Matte avocado green
- Profesh: Matte military green
- Bold: Matte rusted ginger
- Makeup Junkie: Metallic mauve purple with a pink shift and blue glitter flecks
- Warehouse Party: Metallic dusty coral with gold and green glittery reflects
- Poppin Bottles: Metallic baby pink with a green shift
- Shots: Metallic lilac with with a pearly pink shift
- Tipsy: Indigo blue base with multicolored metallic reflects
- Cross Faded: Periwinkle purple with a metallic blue shift
- No Regrets: Pale, almost ivory-periwinkle with a metallic pink and green shift
- Morning After: Rich mulberry with metallic blue reflects
- Drunk Text: Shimmery dark charcoal with iridescent reflects
This product was purchased with my own money. I did not receive any type of PR or compensation for this post.